By Ruth Crawford
In 1889, a group of settlers in southeastern Bosque County established a place of worship as Coon Creek Missionary Baptist Church. These members were farmers and ranchers, who built a school which was used as a meeting place for this church. In 2015, the present congregation members decided that this place of worship and fellowship should be honored with an historical marker, and began the lengthy procedure. Judy Wasson, church clerk, a fifth generation member, began researching and writing the history.
To view more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition